Toyota-Panasonic is making hybrid car batteries

0
207
Toyota-Panasonic is making hybrid car batteries
Toyota-Panasonic is making hybrid car batteries

Toyota and Panasonic will jointly develop lithium-ion batteries for hybrid vehicles from 2022. That’s why Prime Planet Energy and Solutions, a venture company, is preparing to make batteries at a plant in western Japan.

The Tokushima Panasonic plant has the capacity to make batteries for 500,000 vehicles a year, the company said.

Founded in April this year, the venture is 51 percent owned by Toyota. The remaining 49 percent is owned by Panasonic.

Last month, Toyota said it would supply 5.5 million electric vehicles a year by 2025. The organization’s original plan for this goal was 2030.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here